Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting Template provisioning

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

I am trying to provision 2 template on a device, and one of the templates does not get deployed and I get an error.

The other template is deployed successfully.

I have tried to login with the user that DNAC uses and I can past the commands in without any issues.

When I look at the DNAC logs I find these 2 entries right after each other. But what does they mean?

2021-06-17 11:20:07,719 |  ERROR | ew-shard-8                |  | c.c.e.n.utils.ErrorCodeUtil | getErrorMessage is errorCode NP_500 args {IPADDRESS=10.32.0.133, TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL=ssh2} | npRequestId=1dcf3424-fe22-4504-a935-4b82d26276ce

2021-06-17 11:20:07,720 |  ERROR | ew-shard-8                |  | c.c.e.n.utils.ErrorCodeUtil | Detail message of errorcode: NP_500 is Unable to push configuration to device ip 10.32.0.133  | npRequestId=1dcf3424-fe22-4504-a935-4b82d26276ce

Both entires are from the apic-em-network-programmer-service service.

6 Replies 6

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
NP_500 is Unable to push configuration to device ip 

Seems that the remote device may not like what you have configured in the template.  Some things to consider:

-Test the failed template against another platform & possibly ios version.

-Ensure that whatever you have configured in the failing template are the right commands for the platform/ios that will not take the config.

-Try manually adding line by line to find the culprit.

IMO there is probably something the device does not like.  HTH!

Hi Mike

I have tried to past the config manually on the device and everything worked.

I did try this on another device with the same software and it worked as expected there as well.

Br,

Rasmus

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you able to share the config template so the community can better assist?

Hi Mike

The template that failed looks something like this:

snmp-server contact +XXXXXXXX, XXXX@xxx.xxx
snmp-server community XXXXXXXX RO
no snmp-server gro XXXXXX v1
no snmp-server gro XXXXX v1
snmp-server view XXXXXX iso included
snmp-server group XXXXX v3 priv read XXXXX 
snmp-server user XXXXX XXXXX v3 auth sha XXXXXX priv aes 128 XXXXXX

It is beeing deployed on 2x 9500(16.12.03S) and 3x 9300(16.12.03S)

Where one of the 9500 fails and the rest is deployed without issues.

Br,

Rasmus

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Interesting that one fails when the two platforms are same model & ios.  Have you attempted to change ios to see if that makes a difference? Also, what about re-prov'ing the device first? Any other logs you can share from the switch side? As a last resort maybe try fully removing the troubled 9500 from inventory/fabric/etc. and re-add.

I did not find anything of interest in the switch log. Are there any others service logs on the DNAC I can look at? Would expect there to be something about the error. Or at least a CLI log showing that it did not work.

When a command deployment works the full CLI output is shown in the network-programmer log.