Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading DNA center from 2.2.2.6 to 2.2.2.8

Hi All,

I am trying to upgrade DNA-Center to a newer version, but cant see a way of doing this manually from the DNA-C GUI unless its through the internet. Our security team have asked us not to allow internet access to DNAC - which is why this appliance is configured this way.

The only other way i know how to do this is by re-imaging - which i'd rather not do as the appliance is located at a data center over 100 miles away.

Best Regards,

Sabeel

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/upgrade/b_cisco_dna_center_upgrade_guide/m_upgrade_to_cisco_dna_center_2_2_2_x.html#task_fgp_nfp_mpb

Why not allow Internet access temporarily for this procedure ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

usaf_27
Level 1
Level 1

There is also another interface on the appliance for Internet Only access. Anyway to DMZ that off to make folks happy?

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If your DNAC cluster is airgapped you can still perform an upgrade "offline".  This procedure is a bit different, and will require an interactive TAC case with Cisco.  They typically have you fill out a smartsheet form for their record as the first phase to start the process.  See here for more details on offline upgrade: Cisco DNA Center Air Gap Deployment Guide - Cisco

HTH!