Views
Helpful
Replies

Using DNA Center as a datasource in Grafana

dpatawaran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to use my organization's DNA Center as a datasource within Grafana so that I can pull data from DNA to make custom dashboards in Grafana. 

I have already setup a TIG stack, and I have followed the steps in this link: https://blogs.cisco.com/developer/dna-center-noc-dashboard . However, I am still not able to pull custom data from my organization's DNA Center into dashboards in Grafana. Any advice?

5 Replies 5

MartinKajan
Level 1
Level 1

Same here.. multiple problems with the guide (apart from using old api)

Hawar
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a solution for that, check out here https://hawar.no/2020/09/cisco-dna-center-with-grafana-dashboard/

DNA-Center-Grafana.jpg

Looks a lot nicer than Adam's original solution (all due respect to Adam tho :D ). Thanks a lot for this gem, I'll have a look at this this week and get back to you here :)

Hi, I had a look into it.

I'm still having some issues presumably with the database population from the sandbox dna - will figure that out in the upcoming time.

A few notes:
I'm a not a linux expert, so I had a few issues with accounts and permissions, but nothing google wouldn't have answers for.

Users need to install JQ (raspberry pi installation) in addition.

One of the gauges returned an error, where the plugin was not found (braingann-gauge-panel) - could be due to a local installation of grafana.

Hi, Martin!

Regarding database, just run database.sh will create schema DNA and all tables, otherwise you can just copy from line 15-57 and past in Workbench or directly inside Linux Cli. 

mysql -u root -p
CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS DNA;
USE DNA;

And start create tables, then quit mysql.

Have you tested on Grafana Cloud first, and check how is going.

If you get any error regarding Grafana Local, you should ask Grafana Support.