Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vanilla DNA Center upgrades?

We are in the process of building our SD Access Lab.  We have a 2nd Generation DNA Appliance (UCS C220 M5) that shipped with DNA Center 1.3.0x.  Following the initial interview to get the base configuration on it and then logging onto the Web GUI we were presented with updates to take it to 1.3.0.167 along with various Application updates.  We let it complete these updates.

Following the updates the System 360 page then presented us with the option to upgrade to 2.1.2.5.  We don't want to upgrade to version 2.x yet as we want to do some playing around with 1.3, however we aren't being presented with any of the 1.3x versions to update to?

I can reimage it if need be but I'd rather not as its not a quick operation.

Cheers

Andy

5 Replies 5

Tomas de Leon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Andy,

You do not have to upgrade to version 2.1.2.5.  You can simply ignore the Banner and "Do Not" click switch now.  Since you already upgraded to System Version 1.3.0.167 there should have also been some Application Package updates where you can select or already selected "Download All" and "Update All".   Once these are done, you will be at Cisco DNA Center version 1.3.3.9 which is the latest version of the 1.3.3.x Release Train.

So you are good and do not have to do anything else at the time.  If you later want to upgrade to 2.1.2.x, you would click the "Switch Now" on the Banner and then you would be presented with another System Update and Application Package Update tasks.

Versions and Documentation information can be found here:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/dna-center/series.html

I hope this helps

Replying to my own posts....

I now realise that 'System 1.3.0.167' is actually DNA-Center 1.3.3.9 so the only upgrade from here is to 2.x...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/1-3-3-0/release_notes/b_cisco_dna_center_rn_1_3_3_0.html

When 1.3.3.10 comes out you will see the Release notes change and you will see a new "System Update" available with "Application Packages Updates".  You click those and still ignore the banner until you are ready to got to Version 2.x.x.x.

Upgrade Guide has the latest Upgrade Paths
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/upgrade/b_cisco_dna_center_upgrade_guide.html

Thanks for the reply Tomas.  I think the version numbering just confused me.

I think I may have clicked to download the 2.1.2.5 by mistake though and this is now causing me some issues as there are application packages I want to install/use but can't (I think?).

If I go to Policy, Virtual Network I get 'Application Package Not Available'

packagenot.jpg

If I go to Software Updates as shown I don't see any options to install the SD Access package and all I have the option to is update to System 1.5.255

update15255.jpg

Can I remove the System Update if I have downloaded it?

from the above snapshot, i think you have clicked "Switch Now" and that operation will not download any packages. its just changed the repository so that you will be able to download 2.1.2.5. you are still in 1.3.3.9 ( 1.3.0.167). so you need not to be worried, just don't click "system Update" if you don't want to go to 2.1.2.5.

however, it seems SD-Access package is not installed. could you check under installed apps section and see if you see sd-access package ? also, could you provide command output from CLI : "maglev package status"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: