Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the limitation for frequency to using DNAC API

daxu2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Expert:

There seems that have some limitations of  using api by 5 times/minutes?

It affect our application visualization when we want to frequently get information from dna center.

cloud you tell me how many time slot between  two using api

Thanks!

error message:

{

"error" : "Rate Limit exceeded; BapiName: Get Overall Client Health, RateLimit config details: RateLimitContext{rate=5, windowUnit='minute', windowDuration=1, maxConcurrentExecutionsPermitted=0}",

"bapiExtendedStatusCode" : "REJECTED_ABOVE_THROTTLE_LIMIT",

"bapiExtendedStatusDescription" : "For BAPI: Get Overall Client Health, maximum allowed BAPI instances per 1 minute is 5. The limit has been reached for the time-window between Tue May 14 05:55:02 UTC 2019 and now"

}

9 Replies 9

WB9360
Level 1
Level 1

We encounter the same problem. We have made a request through TAC to increase this limit or to make it adjustable.

I think Cisco should fix this issue , whats the use of API if its limited this way . ACI APIC does not have this issue  , seems like applicable only for DNAC . 

in 1.3.3 the assurance API rate limit has gone from 5/min -> 100/min

Thanks Adam Radford , 

Any news if same will be applicable for intent APIs as well ? 

The assurance API is an intent based API.
/dna/intent/api/v1/client-health
dna/intent/api/v1/client-detail
dna/intent/api/v1/site-health
dna/intent/api/v1/network-health

joe.fodor
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use dna/intent/api/v1/device-enrichment-details and its only 5 requests in 1 minute which sometimes its more and it seems really low.

Anyone know how to increase?

Cedric Metzger
Level 1
Level 1

With 2.2.2.5 still only 100 calls per minute for intent/site API. Is there any way to overcome this limitation?

nicklas
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here, 100/minute still... why not make this configurable???

This is a hefty limitation when creating products that integrate with DNA-Center.

There is a solution. Do not use the official API, use the GUI API (e.g https://dnac/dna/provision/devices/inventory/provisioning) you would use as a normal user.

I wrote an entire migration script depending on the User GUI API for C9800 to DNAC managed C9800: https://github.com/itris-one/migrateC9800toDNAC 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: