Views
Helpful
Replies

What's next after DNA Center subscription

HHeydarov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friends.

We`re going to implement SD-access starting next month. But I have several questions about future of DNA center.

Licenses on devices are DNA advantage (3 year subscription) and Network advantage (perpetual).

I know nothing will interrupt after subscription finishing. But the point is about DNA Center.

Will I lose whole network automation?

Will I be able to configure devices by using DNA Center?

Or I will approach individually?

What will DNA Center do after subscription? Will it have any functionality? If it is, then what will the role of 3 DNA appliances?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jayesh Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Licenses on devices are DNA advantage (3 year subscription) and Network advantage (perpetual).

I know nothing will interrupt after subscription finishing. But the point is about DNA Center.

What will DNA Center do after subscription? Will it have any functionality? If it is, then what will the role of 3 DNA appliances?

DNA advantage is a subscription based software feature and if you deploy that in your environment then need to ensure the subscription is renewed as it approaches end date. This can be tracked via Cisco Smart Licenses Portal.

Please note that the subscription license also includes DNA/SDA software support. 

Currently there is no enforcement being done, so there won't be any impact to the network functionalities. DNA Center will continue to work the same way, but the setup will be non-compliant and Cisco won't support in case of any issues.

It is mandatory to renew subscription as soon as it approaches end date if you are deploying SDA to be compliant and to renew software support(DNA/SDA).

Regards,

Jayesh

Make sure you rate this post and mark it as a solution if that solves your query. This will help other users in case they have similar query.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jayesh Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DNA advantage is a subscription based software feature and if you deploy that in your environment then need to ensure the subscription is renewed as it approaches end date. This can be tracked via Cisco Smart Licenses Portal.

Please note that the subscription license also includes DNA/SDA software support. 

Currently there is no enforcement being done, so there won't be any impact to the network functionalities. DNA Center will continue to work the same way, but the setup will be non-compliant and Cisco won't support in case of any issues.

It is mandatory to renew subscription as soon as it approaches end date if you are deploying SDA to be compliant and to renew software support(DNA/SDA).

Regards,

Jayesh

Make sure you rate this post and mark it as a solution if that solves your query. This will help other users in case they have similar query.

Thanks for your answer.

But My question is about functionality. May I do implementation via DNA center(Provisioned Devices)? May I monitor devices after subscription?

I have answered that part

"Currently there is no enforcement being done, so there won't be any impact to the network functionalities. DNA Center will continue to work the same way, but the setup will be non-compliant and Cisco won't support in case of any issues."

Is that what you looking for?

Ohh. I am sorry. I read, but understood different way.

Thank you a lot.