cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alarm emails for claimed targets

kchu
Level 1
Level 1

I have one NetApp Active IQ Unified Manager and two VMware vCenter targets claimed in Intersight. I appreciate that Intersight can send alarm emails about events that it detects on those targets but it seems like I don't have control over which alarms send an email from Intersight.

For example, I have NetApp volumes with snapshots enabled. Sometimes the snapshots trigger events that I do not need to receive an email for. In NetApp Active IQ Unified Manager I'm able to configure it so that an email is not sent for those events. In Intersight I cannot find somewhere to configure which events send an email. It seems to send an email for any/all events.

Is there a way to configure this? I'm about to unclaim these targets because of this annoyance but I'd rather not because I like that I have the option to manage them in Intersight.

1 Reply 1

Sandeep Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Intersight receives all the faults detected on the target and shows it under the GUI.

Under System > Settings > Notifications > Add Rule, we have an option to choose the Severity level(Critical, Warning, Info) of the Alarms for which we want the notifications. 
If the faults/events triggered by NetApp fall under one of these categories, you can uncheck that option to not receive those over email. But this would also stop alarms for other devices claimed in Intersight not just NetApp. 

At present, we don't have an option to choose individual faults/devices for which we want to receive email notifications. 

Kindly submit a feature request for this in Intersight. 

Intersight Webhooks could be an alternative where you can do filtering but that would require a Webhook receiver on your end. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card