Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get Body JSON Code for Intersight Postman API Request

PranavGupta9527
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have been struggling to find the resolution of this issue so basically, I have imported the Intersite collection on Postman however what I am trying to find out is how can I get the requested Body JSON code for the POST request.

For example there are certain pre-defined commands on Postman like GET, POST & PATCH request for NTP where there is a predefined JSON body code mentioned in it. (Screenshot Below)

PranavGupta9527_0-1665735608293.png

How do I get this JSON body for the other POST commands for example creating organisation, vlan policy etc.

PranavGupta9527_1-1665736309482.png

Kindly provide the answer in detail.

Regards,

Pranav Gupta

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As the postman collection is just a very small example subset you would need to reference the apidocs on the payloads, for instance with create organization (https://intersight.com/apidocs/apirefs/api/v1/organization/Organizations/post

BrianMorrissey_0-1665750925416.png

The other option which is probably much easier is to just run through the steps in the UI with browser developer tools open, for instance to create an organization we step through the menus in the UI and once we hit create we can check in the browser dev tools network tab to see that it made a post to /api/v1/organization/Organizations with the below payload to create the org:

BrianMorrissey_1-1665751085816.png

We can use that as a getting started point for Postman/Python/Powershell etc..

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As the postman collection is just a very small example subset you would need to reference the apidocs on the payloads, for instance with create organization (https://intersight.com/apidocs/apirefs/api/v1/organization/Organizations/post

BrianMorrissey_0-1665750925416.png

The other option which is probably much easier is to just run through the steps in the UI with browser developer tools open, for instance to create an organization we step through the menus in the UI and once we hit create we can check in the browser dev tools network tab to see that it made a post to /api/v1/organization/Organizations with the below payload to create the org:

BrianMorrissey_1-1665751085816.png

We can use that as a getting started point for Postman/Python/Powershell etc..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: