Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer HX to another Intersight

ppnlr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can I transfer an HX Edge from one intersight account to another after deployment?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

fdeleonn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

No, it is not possible to transfer an HX Edge from one Cisco Intersight account to another after deployment. Once an HX Edge device is associated with an Intersight account and deployed, it is bound to that specific account. Cisco Intersight is designed to manage and monitor the devices within a specific account, and the association is permanent.

If you need to transfer an HX Edge device to another Intersight account, you would typically need to remove it from the current account and then associate it with the new account during the initial setup or deployment process. This might involve resetting the device to factory defaults and reconfiguring it with the new account's credentials.

It's important to note that the exact process may vary depending on the specific version of Cisco Intersight and the associated management capabilities. It is always recommended to consult the Cisco documentation or reach out to Cisco support for detailed instructions and assistance with any account or device management tasks.

I hope this can answer your question, if anything please feel free to comment on this thread.

Best regards,
Frank

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

fdeleonn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

No, it is not possible to transfer an HX Edge from one Cisco Intersight account to another after deployment. Once an HX Edge device is associated with an Intersight account and deployed, it is bound to that specific account. Cisco Intersight is designed to manage and monitor the devices within a specific account, and the association is permanent.

If you need to transfer an HX Edge device to another Intersight account, you would typically need to remove it from the current account and then associate it with the new account during the initial setup or deployment process. This might involve resetting the device to factory defaults and reconfiguring it with the new account's credentials.

It's important to note that the exact process may vary depending on the specific version of Cisco Intersight and the associated management capabilities. It is always recommended to consult the Cisco documentation or reach out to Cisco support for detailed instructions and assistance with any account or device management tasks.

I hope this can answer your question, if anything please feel free to comment on this thread.

Best regards,
Frank

Thank you. This answers my question .. To followup..can I transfer an intersight account to another user or email?

Hello,

You can add several user/email addresses to an Intersight account and add them as account administrators and they will have the top privileges in that specific account.

This option is under the system tab, setting, and inside the general tabs in users. So this email address will get access to this specific Intersight account.

Let me know if that helps you out.

Best regards,
Frank