Views
Helpful
Replies

Assigning an IP Address to the GOS from a DHCP Pool

nathan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

The attached configuration is an attempt to create a DHCP pool from which I can assign addresses both to the GE1-4 switch interfaces and the GOS.

The outcome of applying this configuration is as expected for all aspects, except for the address assignment for the GOS. Specifically, interface GE5 has the address as configured, and a laptop plugged into GE1 gets the address 192.168.1.6.

The GOS does not seem to start up (note that I have waited over ten minutes and checked that the GOS is not started), See below for the CLI commands and output:

IR829-DevTest#

*Mar  7 13:19:31.467: %IR800_INSTALL-6-SUCCESS_GOS_OPERATION: Successfully perfo

rmed START operation for GOS.

IR829-DevTest#show iox host list detail

IOX Server is running. Process ID: 323

Count of hosts registered: 0

IOX Server Address: 0.0.0.0; Port: 22222

I have tried to use debug commands to learn more, but that did not show anything. See How to debug IOx.

I have a variation on this configuration working where I have two DHCP pools, one for the GE1-4 interfaces, and one for the GOS, and that works just fine. See How to Connect Your Laptop to an IR829.

Could you please advise on whether the attached configuration should work, and, if not, why not?

Many thanks

Nathan

2 Replies 2

junxu2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I reviewed your configuration. That should not be workable. Because you tried to set the same subnet to two layer 3 interface. Both Vlan2's subnet and GE5's subnet are 192.168.1.0/24. That will bring confusion to router.

Please use the different subnet for different Layer 3 interfaces. 

Regards

Jun

Many thanks Jun, and apologies for not correcting my own question. Working configurations are here:

IR829_10_42_1_DHCP_GE_1-4_10_42_2_GE5_GOS.txt

IR809_10_42_1_DHCP_GE_0-1_10_42_2_GE2_GOS.txt

Regards

Nathan