Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 819 IOX - 4G

gkopels
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

We are running the Cisco 819 with the image "c800-universalk9_iox-mz.SPA.155-2.T.bin" and are now trying to configure a 4G WAN connection.  The router does not recognise the SIM card and I receive a log when the router boots up.

LATFORM-4-CELLULAR_MODEM_SKU_MISMATCH: Mismatch detected between installed modem Unknown modem on SKU type C819-4G-LTE-G. Expected modem for this SKU is MC7710

Has anyone got the 4G working?  Is there an upgraded IOX image?

Thanks Greg

9 Replies 9

Steve Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,

The latest IOx version for C819 is: Cisco Systems CCO C819, please check.

Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot! We have a use case that we are installing next week in a factory line. The PLC communicates via modbus to the a Pyhton app in the IOX. In the meantime we are using a ADSL line with modem for connectivity to a server in the cloud but would much prefer a 4G solutions.

Thanks Greg

Greg Kopels

ENGINEER.NETWORK CONSULTING

gkopels@cisco.com<mailto:gkopels@cisco.com>

Phone: +972 98646002

Mobile: +972 506778930

Cisco Systems Limited

32 HaMelacha St., (HaSharon Bldg) P.O.Box 8735, I.Z.Sapir

SOUTH NETANYA

HAMERKAZ

IL

Cisco.com<http://www.cisco.com/>

Think before you print.

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

For corporate legal information go to:

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html

Hi Greg,

By the way, Modbus library (C libraby) is supported in C819 IOx by default. And you may add the Python library of Modbus during your ova application building. Please refer to the posts of C819 IOx Modbus RTU Client Application Setup Guide.pdf and Install Python Modules for C819 IOx if necessary.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

We have now upgraded software version to c800-universalk9_iox-mz.SPA.155-3.M.bin.  And I am still unable to activate the 4G modem.  Here is the readout when the router loads the image.

*Oct 20 07:24:41.383: %PLATFORM-4-CELLULAR_MODEM_SKU_MISMATCH: Mismatch detected between installed modem Unknown modem on SKU type C819-4G-LTE-G. Expected modem for this SKU is MC7710

*Oct 20 07:24:57.551: %PLATFORM-4-CELLULAR_MODEM_SKU_MISMATCH: Mismatch detected between installed modem Unknown modem on SKU type C819-4G-LTE-G. Expected modem for this SKU is MC7710

sh cellular 0 all                   

Warning: Mismatch detected between platform/module

and installed modem.Check system log for details

Hardware Information

====================

Modem Firmware Version =

Modem Firmware built =

Hardware Version =

Device Model ID:

Package Identifier ID:

International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI) =

International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) =

Integrated Circuit Card ID (ICCID) =

Mobile Subscriber Integrated Services

Digital Network-Number (MSISDN) =

Current Modem Temperature = 0 deg C

PRI SKU ID = , PRI version = , Carrier =

Any ideas?

Thanks Greg

Hi Steve

One more question.  Will the 819 4G LTE modem also support 3G?

Thanks Greg

Hi Greg,

It seems there is some issue for the 4G modem. Please check the hardware first.

And for the software related, please refer to: Cisco 4G LTE Software Installation Guide - Cisco

In the SIG, it also show the details for wireless technology support.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I have tried to upgrade the 4G modem firmware.  The only firmware I could find is MC7710_Global_03.05.29.02.cwe. Do you have one working with 4G?  If so can you send me the firmware you are running?

Thanks Greg

Dear Greg,

It seems that I have exactly the same problem. Could you please tell me whether you managed to solve it anyhow? Was it a hardware issue or software issue?

Best,
Radek

Hi Boy

One more question.  Will the 819 4G LTE modem also support 3G and 4G ?

Thanks Rodrigo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: