Views
Helpful
Replies

IOX / IOS Problems

tobias.hirt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we are currently running a pilot with 6 ir829 routers and have encountered 3 problems.

We have an application that is running as a container on the router that gets sensor information and writes it on a usb stick and sends it to the cisco asset manager cloud. The routers use a lte card to connect to the internet.

1. LTE connection not reestablished after limit was reached:
    When the maximum data volume of a lte card is reached and a new month begins, 3 of the 6 routers did not connect to the internet again though the limit was reset.
  2. Read-Only file system after hard reboot:
    When the routers loose power and restart sometimes the usb stick filesystem is read-only. Probably because at the moment the power was lost we were writing to the usb stick. Is there a way to make the usb stick automatically  writable again?
  3. Container disappeard:
    In one occasion the container with our application completely disappeared after a while. It was running fine for weeks until it was gone.
    At the moment we don't have any logs of that router but we will be getting them. Any idea in which logs we should look for this problem?
6 Replies 6

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please generate TechSupport snapshot file ?

Hello,

I asked someone how to do that and he told me that it is the command 'show tech'. I hope that it is what you need.

At the moment the router where I executed that command has only the problem that the usb stick is read-only after a hard reboot.

IR800#show tech

------------------ show version ------------------

Cisco IOS Software, ir800 Software (ir800-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.7(3)M1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2017 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Thu 30-Nov-17 03:40 by prod_rel_team

[Edit: Removed output of show tech command because it is not needed and very long]

Sorry,

I mean the one in Local Manager UItech_snapshot.png

Hello,

I finally got the router back and could generate the file.

Here is the link to the file:

https://cisco.box.com/s/0g81qfofwr4widurr4y8zwrtm63awvg7

For some reason cannot access

"This shared file or folder link has been removed or is unavailable to you"

You can send link to developer-support@cisco.com if you like.

Thanks,

Yawming

huntc
Level 4
Level 4

On containers disappearing, it is quite possible that the container exceeds its memory limits, perhaps due to a memory leak in your app. In such situations, the Linux Out Of Memory manager will kill the container and this should be reported in the syslog. This isn't IOx specific behaviour, but the behaviour of containers in general.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: