cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IR829 VLAN & GE5 IP Address

ankur.gupta1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys. I'm new to Cisco router configuration. I am in the process of configuring the IR829 router and am stuck. I am trying to follow the instructions here (https://developer.cisco.com/media/iox-dev-guide-6-23-16/platforms/platform-ir8xx/#getting-started) but with a different range of IP addresses in the DHCP pool. The range is the 9.1.2.X range. Thus, my GOS IP is 9.1.2.2 and my GE5 gateway IP is 9.1.2.1. After setting up the GOS, when I log in and send packets, all the packets are going through the IP 9.1.2.1 since my ETH0 IP address is 9.1.2.2. This seems to be ok.

I also access the GOS from my local network and thus assign an IP to it and access using a VLAN interface. My local network gateway IP is 10.0.1.1. So the VLAN IP is 10.0.1.40.

I want the router to be able to talk to the internet by connecting an RJ45 cable from the GE1 port to the Modem. For that, I have to change the DHCP pool of IP addresses right to be in the 10.0.1.X range? If I do that though, my VLAN won't work since it can't have a range similar to the GE5 interface. How do I go about with this?

2 Replies 2

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ankur,

I have moved your question to IOx community so that the query may achieve more visibility to engineers who handle the subject.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Steve Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ankur,

IR829 supports both networking models of bridge and NAT. You may use NAT for your case. Here is a post for your reference: IOx Configuration on IR829. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Steve