Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR 8xx Communication and Flash

ncasale
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm very new to IOx and have been reading around, but I have some questions pertaining to my application.

I'd like to learn more about edge computing, especially data compression at the edge using an ISR. In the scenario, there would be many of these ISRs collaborating on a distributed computation. In that way, the ISR's would need to communicate adjacently in the hierarchy as well as vertically to fusion centers. Is this possible?

I've read that the Fog director can manage up to 5000 devices concurrently, but how do the sensors connect to the ISR?

Lastly, I've read that care must be taken to avoid flash wear. Is this the memory that is used for storing applications? And the DRAM would be used during run-time? I don't imagine the application will need much memory outside of DRAM during run-time, as it needs no long term storage except for the application itself.

Thanks,

nico    

1 Reply 1

Alex Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

"If the application you want to run on IOx is using storage to persist information, please keep in mind to equip the device with an SSD expansion module to support your plan. This is to provide additional capacity and to avoid the main system flash from wearing out."

Please see the following for more details:

https://blogs.cisco.com/developer/ioxapplicationtroubleshooting01