Views
Helpful
Replies

QEMU Domain error

Levi Iiams
Level 1
Level 1

Gentlemen,

First I want to say thanks for letting me in!

So, I've gotten my IOx App Manager running on my 819.  I've went through the cookbook, and used the simple factorial example, just working on learning the toolchain.

So, I've used the template yaml and xml file, edited them to change names.  Then I packaged my OVA.

OVA deploys successfully, but upon start, I get the following in the iox log:

May 10 16:23:52 P1020RDB local0.info CAF-stdout/stderr: libvirt: QEMU Driver error : Domain not found: no domain with matching name 'testapp'

May 10 16:24:46 P1020RDB local0.info [Thread-11] [vmanclient.py:353] Associated VPG 'VirtualPortGroup1' with VM 'testapp'.

May 10 16:24:50 P1020RDB local0.err [VmanMessageHandler] [vmanclient.py:798] Provision callback was unsuccessful for VM 'testapp'.

May 10 16:24:51 P1020RDB local0.info [Thread-11] [vmanclient.py:389] Deactivated VM 'testapp'.

May 10 16:24:51 P1020RDB local0.err [Thread-11] [vmanclient.py:383] Could not activate VM 'testapp'.

May 10 16:24:51 P1020RDB local0.info [Thread-11] [controller.py:1365] Connector 'testapp' state change: DEPLOYED-->RUNNING

May 10 16:24:51 P1020RDB local0.info [Thread-11] [controller.py:1331] Connector 'testapp' successfully started.

May 10 16:24:51 P1020RDB local0.info [CP Server Thread-6] [controller.py:1365] Connector 'testapp' state change: RUNNING-->STOPPED

May 10 16:24:52 P1020RDB local0.err [CP Server Thread-6] [vman.py:256] Error in connect to Guest Agent testapp:Domain not found: no domain with matching name 'testapp'

Is there an xml field I'm missing somewhere or...?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steve Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To check this issue, could you please use the ova sample we provided first?

Download sample app (You may access it at Dropbox - python-app.ova if you can't access it. )

If it works for this sample, there is something wrong with your ova application probably.

By the way, did you use IOx Local Manager or IOx App Manager?

Thanks,

Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steve Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To check this issue, could you please use the ova sample we provided first?

Download sample app (You may access it at Dropbox - python-app.ova if you can't access it. )

If it works for this sample, there is something wrong with your ova application probably.

By the way, did you use IOx Local Manager or IOx App Manager?

Thanks,

Steve

So that worked.  I'm using the local manager by the way, good catch!

I will rebuild the sample ova later today, I must have packaged it wrong somewhere.

Thanks for the insight man!

Sir,

So I found what I think may be the root cause.  (I don't have as much time to play with this as I'd like... )

I found that the iox_sdk_env wasn't setting PATH correctly to include the fakeroot utility, which is located in
${IOX_SDK_PATH}:/tools/bin/fakeroot-1.11/scripts/

So, that was stopping me from running the imgb.sh script correctly.

I edited the iox_sdk_env script as needed, and seem to be cooking with gas now!  Though, I haven't repackaged the OVA yet, the script does make it through the debug and env_test now

Hi,

You may refer to the post of 819-IOx-SDK-Cookbook.docx as well. There is one comment I added in the community with regard to the environment. Please check.

Thanks,

Steve