Views
Helpful
Replies

Running Docker apps on Catalyst 9300 - Questions and observations

dal
Level 3
Level 3

Hi.

I've been playing around with Docker applications on a Catalyst 9300 lately and have some questions.

You can add applications both via the web GUI and via CLI. But the parameters, like docker run commands and ip settings does not reflect each other. Settings done in CLI does not show in web GUI and vice versa.

Why?

IOX does not seem to support IPv6 / dual stack. Can this be true?

Is it possible to use a file like docker-compose.yml to configure settings (for all applications)?

There are no automatic resource balancing. If I start up 2 applications, they take half the resources each. So when I try to start the third application, it displays an error telling me that no resources are available.

This definetly takes away the "easiness" of rolling out more applications

Not all docker applications seems to work. So how compatible is the docker service that is running in IOX?

Hope some of this issues are adressed in next version (I'm running 17.3.1)

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Alex Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not able to answer everything in this discussion. However, I can offer the following:

• Yes. support for IPv6 has been added.
  • Yes, it is possible to use a file like docker-compose.yml to configure settings for all applications, but it depends on the platform. As of now, I think it must be an IC3K platform.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: