Views
Helpful
Replies

Security of IOx application

mahinkonikolaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm looking for a proper way how to make a secure communication between my application in CGR and my external web service.

Are there any "best practices" or suggestions what could be done? I'm wondering if Cisco related security features could be used.

Cisco 1240 Connected Grid Router is used. Communication with the web service is going to be through websocket.

2 Replies 2

Steve Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nikolaj,

Considering the security at application level, usually HTTPS is the good way to communicate between the application client at CGR to external server. Is it enough for you? Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, I'm going to wrap traffic with TLS. My current problem is a client verification. In this case the client is my application in CGR. After some digging I'm looking into direction of client verification with certificates.

I believe that there could be other ways how to resolve the identity verification issue. And I'm worried to miss a simple solution based on some feature provided by Cisco.  

Regards,

Nikolaj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: