Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Steve Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may refer to FAQ in DevNet site. Here it highlights some of them and add some more from IOx community.

1. What devices run IOx?

Find up to date information at Platform Support Matrix

2. How to connect a Terminal or PC to IR800 Console Port?

Please refer to Cisco IR829 Industrial Integrated Services Router Hardware Installation Guide - Connecting the Router [Cisco 800 Series … for Connecting a Terminal or PC to the IR800 Console Port. Please remember to install the driver first from USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers | Silicon Labs.

3. What configurations are needed to enable IOx on a device?

The configurations required are specific to each device. Refer to the configuration guides section for IE4K, IR8x9, etc.

4. How do I build IOx applications?

Jump into our quickstart page to get started. Most importantly familiarize yourself with application development concepts. IOx supports different application types aimed to solve variety of use cases. Head over to the Application Types page to learn more about different types of applications supported and when to use them.

Cisco also provides some demo-apps (PaaS, LXC, Docker style apps,  etc). Some demo-apps are also there (located at /opt/iox-sdk/demo-apps/) once you installed the IOx SDK.

5. My application immediately stops after starting the application. Why?

Most likely you target application is exiting with/without error right after starting. In order to debug this type of scenario, activate the application in debug mode ("ioxclient app activate <name> debug"). And now in debug mode, while starting the application even if the target application exits/crashes, the container will still be up and running. Developer can console into the container ("ioxclient app console") and try manually starting the target application inside the container for further debugging.

6. How do I debug my applications?

You may access the app console with "ioxclient app console your_app_id" or "ssh -p {SSH_PORT} -i your_app_id.pem appconsole@your_ir800_ip_address" for debugging and troubleshooting. Refer to the Debugging page for more details.

7. How will my app get network connectivity?

Please refer to Application Networking

8. How to access USB device (USB storage and USB serial device)?

Please refer to https://developer.cisco.com/site/iox/docs/#usb-device-usage.

9. How to access serial device and Accelerometer and Gyroscope device?

There are two serial ports (Asyn 0 and Asyn 1) which are using /dev/ttyS1 and /dev/ttyS2. You may refer to the Python Serial Example. For the Accelerometer and Gyroscope, it is using /dev/ttyS3.

For how to configure to access serial device, please refer to Accessing Serial Interface on IR829 through GOS.

10. Why it failed to install an app? It says "Application Deployment Failed:Package signature file not found in package"?

For the latest version of IOx, its default of "Application Signature Validation" is enabled. Please refer to Application Deployment Failed:Package signature file not found in package for how to disable "Application Signature Validation".

Comments
suressan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please add this to the post as well.

Q: My application immediately stops after starting the application. Why?

A: Most likely you target application is exiting with/without error right after starting. In order to debug this type of scenario, activate the application in debug mode ("ioxclient app activate <name> debug"). And now in debug mode, while starting the application even if the target application exits/crashes, the container will still be up and running. Developer can console into the container ("ioxclient app console") and try manually starting the target application inside the container for further debugging.

Steve Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks Suresh. Added it.

marisaks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is IoX SNMP on the roadmap? If I could run an snmpd/snmptrap server on IoX I could do almost anything between subsystems..

Can the snmpd application be built/added from user development into IoX?

Steve Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IOx is a application platform and basically it is possible to deploy all the applications/software (including snmpd application) on it (though some app/software may depends on the hardware support).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links