cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

PLEASE NOTE: The Kinetic developer discussions are moving to the main Kinetic board.
You should get a more active community response there.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

I can no longer connect through Kinetic to Azure.

I have been working on a very important project for my company using the IR 829 with a IOx Guest and Kinetic to send captured sensor telemetry data to Azure and other backends via Kinetic.

We had a prototype program running successfully up until the 26th of January when all communication suddenly stopped.  My MQTT transmissions are currently reaching the MQTT broker within Kinetic, but I have no visibility on how the data is flowing or whether there are any other internal errors within Kinetic mentioning why the data is not arriving at Azure.

I  have a script monitoring the Azure EventHub that we are using, and the last data continues to be from January 26th as previously mentioned.

Can anyone help me get this working again? (please let me know if there is any information needed)

Everyone's tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Cisco Employee

Re: I can no longer connect through Kinetic to Azure.

Hi Scott,

Are you using the module of EFM? If yes, please check the status of the related nodes in dataflow and the log information.

Each nodes have the status or/and values in the dataflow. And the EFM logs locates in YOUR_EFM_HOME/efm(or eff for old versions)_server/logs. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Steve

Beginner

Steve,

Thank you for your reply, in the current implementation we are primarily using DCM at the moment.  Unfortunately I am not familiar with EFM.  That being said, although I do not know the cause, the issue was fixed about a week ago.  Is EFM something that I should have access to from the Kinetic portal? If I can use it for troubleshooting at a later date it sounds like it would be useful.

Respectfully,

Scott

Cisco Employee

Scott,

EFM and DCM are two of the three Kinetic modules. EFM is different with DCM in Kinetic.

For DCM, you may refer to https://developer.cisco.com/docs/kinetic/ (go to DCM part).

Thanks,

Steve

Beginner

Scott,

Can you please send me the Org details so that we can take a look at what is going on?

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here
This widget could not be displayed.