Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco rv 340 use

CPRDPL
Level 1
Level 1

hi

I am using cisco rv 340 router i want to block web site like youtube facebook etc plz help

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi

RV340 does allow you to apply firewall rules to block traffic but you are not going to block social media with it.

Block social medias or sites like youtube requires a whole different level of filter. Device like RV340 allows you to block a protocol like HTTP or HTTPS but it will apply for any Site on the internet. It is not possible to block by using IPaddress either cause companies like Google have so many IP address that it is impossible put rules for all of them.

If you want to apply if rules on your router, you can go to Firewall Config and then to Access Rules, I am attaching a print for you reference. But keep in mint that if you need to block content like social media, you need a more robust solution like a proxy, for example.

RV340.JPG

View solution in original post

there is no other solution can my software run on httpS://

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi

RV340 does allow you to apply firewall rules to block traffic but you are not going to block social media with it.

Block social medias or sites like youtube requires a whole different level of filter. Device like RV340 allows you to block a protocol like HTTP or HTTPS but it will apply for any Site on the internet. It is not possible to block by using IPaddress either cause companies like Google have so many IP address that it is impossible put rules for all of them.

If you want to apply if rules on your router, you can go to Firewall Config and then to Access Rules, I am attaching a print for you reference. But keep in mint that if you need to block content like social media, you need a more robust solution like a proxy, for example.

RV340.JPG

there is no other solution can my software run on httpS://

Quick Links