Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CML 2.1.2 and VMWare Player

Hello, I am trying to setup my CML 2.1.2 for use with a CCNA course. I have downloaded VMware Player and created a VM with the OVA provided. When I linked the iso, during the configuration process it warned me that the reference platform image was not attached. If I try to create a VM just using the iso file by doing File >> New Virtual Machine >> .iso when I launch the machine, the boot process hangs at "starting dracut initqueue hook" and then times out. I have allocated 8gbs of ram and 4 cpu cores for the machine as recommend. What am I doing wrong?

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

19 Replies 19

So, I had to use the 2.1.2 ova with the 2.0 .ios inorder to get the CML to work. Trying to upgrade in the webGUI prevented the virl2 service from starting after the upgrade. I appreciate your patience trying to figure this out with me.

No matter what combo of files I use it doesn't work, why is this not intuitive and easy to figure out, anybody at cisco have any idea?

Hong Kim
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for posting this. I wasted so much time and this fixed my issue. I am running 2.2.2 OVA with 2.0 ISO to get CML working.

Thanks!

@Hong Kim - this is what i have posted on orginal post, you may be using wrong installation, thank you for feedback

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

a-gould
Level 1
Level 1

I am using CML 2.2.1 build 36 and refplat_p-20210511-fcs.iso
...but when i try to start nodes in cml, i get a message like this for any node type... iosv, xrv, xrv9k, csr1kv....

do you know why I am getting this message and why I can't start nodes?

xr9kv-0: Launch Queue (E0805 10:57:12.340758 26148 main.go:214] Disk clone failed: exit status 1 qemu-img: /var/local/virl2/images/baff40/c08c160b-12d6-429e-a053-14bc5c64c696/nodedisk_0: Could not open '/var/lib/libvirt/images/virl-base-images/iosxrv9000-7-2-2/xrv9k-fullk9-x-7.2.2.qcow2': No such file or directory Could not open backing image to determine size.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: