cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CML Collaboration

adolfo.cadillo
Level 1
Level 1

My company is using CML 1.3 and my question is how can myself and another colleague be on the same lab together?   Is this possible?  

2 Replies 2

Yes.  There are a few ways but I only have done one.  We both have CML client on the separate laptops and logged in using the same password.  My students work on certain routers and I work on the others.  Once they ping my deice they are done.  I have heard there is a way for one person or the instructor in my case to have the CML client running and all the students or other users login using putty or secureCRT.  I have not been able to get this to work.  A good book that can give you some details on CML/VIRL is https://www.speaknetworks.com/the-virl-book/ .  Just wondering, what does your company use CML for.

My company uses CML to validate network designs and POC's. It would be helpful if one or more my colleagues can be on the same topology and work on configuring different devices together to speed up the process. I am glad you can do that and I am going to try it. Thank you.