cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CML2.0 Failed to start node iosv-0: Unable to define node (Unable to clone image)

pboynton1
Level 1
Level 1

Paid for and installed on vmware workstation 15 player on opening day....easy setup....worked good for a couple days.  Spun it up this morning and no bueno!  Browser loads properly and can access my lab that I was working on, but when I try to start up a device, I get this error now???  Am I a beta tester????

Anyone have this same problem?  Any ideas?  Is .iso orrupt?

3 Replies 3

DRUK
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there - nice to see Cisco all over this.

I have the same issue. I'll just get my coat then...

I'd try helping myself but root is locked out and the logs files are hidden. Nice.

Not sure if it helps troubleshoot but Unmanaged Switch, ASAv, Server, Desktop, Trex, Alpine and WAN EM all boot. Nothing else goes beyond the 'Unable to define node' message. I have unregistered and redownloaded the image and started fresh. Same deal.

Fallancer
Level 1
Level 1

Have you mounted the 2nd ISO image in CD Room? That file contains all the images.

pboynton1
Level 1
Level 1

Shout out to Karlo Bobiles for the surprisingly speedy  response!  Typically this problem arises from failure to attach the .iso file in the vm instance... I had attached it, but did not click the box "connect at power on"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: