cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CML2 Update Configuration from Device

Ollie Y
Level 1
Level 1

I've just switched over from GNS3 and trying to get going with CML2. I see a few useful features that may come in handy, but there doesn't appear to be any documentation on some of it.

Can someone help me by explaining how "Update Configuration from Device" works please? Is there setup I need to do as every time I click it I get "Unable to update configuration for node [name]", for any device like NXOS9Kv. I'm assuming it's using PYATS or something to try and pull the config, but unsure how it's trying to connect and how it would know IPs etc.

Any pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

4 Replies 4

DMel
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to get this to work, after rebooting the device.

So I started with whatever config CML had on the device to start with, then booted the device, once in console of the device I changed the config as I needed. Saved that config as normal at CLI, then rebooted the device via the 'reload' command.

Once I did that THEN the 'update config from device' function worked. I haven't done this a second time yet to see if I change my config from CLI again if I can simply 'update from device' again or if I have to reload each time before it will work.

Thanks for the response, but no joy even if I reboot annoyingly.

martin.mccourt
Level 1
Level 1

Try logging into the console of the device first.  Your login may have timed out.

JustGeorge
Level 1
Level 1

Ensure that the username and password of cisco cisco can log onto the console. If you look at the console right after the fetch command you will see CML try to log in with a username of cisco. Failing that have a console session to the device opened up and the fetch configuration command should work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: