Views
Helpful
Replies

RefPlat issues on CML 2.2.3(63)

Wade Blackwell
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I have a clean ova deployment on a 7.x Vsphere cluster. Licensing is good, connectivity to network and backend storage (iscsi and VM ISO) are also good. VM sees and has mounted the refplat ISO and CML shows image access issues and will not allow access to any images. I've seen a few posts that are in the ballpark but nothing on the money so I'm creating a new one. The install guide and troubleshooting docs are anorexic so if the Cisco community (or another member) can lend a hand that would be very very good. Let's start with the attached images from the running system. Thanks all.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what went wrong, never seen that issue in my Lab while installing, even the recent version.

CML 2.4 is the latest version, download and install :

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/modeling-labs/#system-requirements

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

shin.sterneck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Wade,

have you tried to copy the refplat to disk?

Following are the instructions for you:

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/modeling-labs/#!copy-the-refplat-iso-to-disk

Regards,

Shin

I have, it failed as the CML OVA does not provide enough disk space with the default disk layout for that to succeed. So there's that. From the Docs pulling the images directly from the virtual CDRom should work. Storage IO is not an issue and this datastore is used to serve all installs for all VMs in the cluster. We don't have an IO issue.

Hi Wade,

Regarding Disk:

you can extend the disk within VMWare and then through the CML Cockpit (Storage --> Physical Volume, allocate space to new partition and add it to the logical volume) or via cli/shell lvm tools.

Copying refplat:

I constantly had issues with having the refplat on a mounted ISO in VMWare. After copying the refplat onto the disk all problems disappeared for me (e.g: nodes stuck in booting process, etc..). I have not investigated for a root cause afterwards but at least for me the issues were resolved.

Regards,

Shin