Views
Helpful
Replies

sub interface connectivity

SanSat89
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How do i simulate connectivity between sub interfaces in iosv router in cml? when i try creating links it only shows me the interface to simulate connectivity rather than the sub interface.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi SandipanSatapathy70156,

sub-interfaces are logical interfaces, which are part of, or members of a physical interface. In CML you connect the physical interfaces with each other. Sub-interfaces are matter of configuration and not available in the "physical" world. You can imagine a physical link as a L1 link and logical ones as L2 links.

What are you trying to accomplish or model?

Best Regards,

Shin

View solution in original post

That is a Physical connection, you need to manually create a sub-interface and tag it if required based on the VLAN.

example :

config t

!

interface gig0/0.1

dot1 vlan 100

ip address x.x.x.x

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

it should be, can you post-show a version of the image you use?

you mean sub interface Layer 2 or Layer 3 ?

BB

Martin L
VIP
VIP

you need to manually create sub-interface(s) on routers. by default, there are no sub-interfaces on any routers anywhere

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **.

SanSat89
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Balaji/Martin,

Thanks for your response!

The issue isnt creating sub interfaces on the router. I am able to do that in config. Its when i create a link between two routers it does not show me the option to create link between sub interfaces of two routers. I have attached a screenshot for your reference.

Thanks

Hi SandipanSatapathy70156,

sub-interfaces are logical interfaces, which are part of, or members of a physical interface. In CML you connect the physical interfaces with each other. Sub-interfaces are matter of configuration and not available in the "physical" world. You can imagine a physical link as a L1 link and logical ones as L2 links.

What are you trying to accomplish or model?

Best Regards,

Shin

That is a Physical connection, you need to manually create a sub-interface and tag it if required based on the VLAN.

example :

config t

!

interface gig0/0.1

dot1 vlan 100

ip address x.x.x.x

BB

a-gould
Level 1
Level 1

In this video I show how to accomplish vlan tagging in CML (Cisco Modeling Labs) using IOSv and CSR1000v (EFP, Service Instance)

https://youtu.be/_7h46lhCv6U