Views
Helpful
Replies

two beginner questions about CML

stauntonkcom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there 

I have just gotten CML personal set up on my PC. My intention is to use CML to prepare for CCNP encore and enarsi. 

question 1: I believe the standard router and switch images in CML are IOSv and IOSvl2 respectively. When I add one of these images to my topology in CML, I find that whether it is a router or a switch I have added, they only seem to have four ethernet interfaces. So is there a way to add a router and/or switch to my topology that will have a greater number of ethernet interfaces to work with? And also, since all of the 4 interfaces I can currently get are ethernet, is there a way to add serial interfaces to my routers as well? 

question 2: I tired adding an Ubuntu host to my topology. When it booted it up, it required a login and password. Does anyone know what these default credentials are likely to be?  -- also, if there is a cisco information page that might include default credentials for some of these host images, I would be grateful to be directed to it. 

Many thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

You can add more Ethernet interfaces to device when it is shutdown (not power on); I think limit is 16 Ethernet interfaces.

NO serial interfaces (at least I did not see one); Serial WAN technologies are going away, if not already gone, from real life and Cisco exams.

try username and password: ubuntu/cisco

you can find passwords and more in

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/modeling-labs/#!faq/reference-platform-and-images-questions

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

stauntonkcom
Level 1
Level 1

Also, one extra question in addition to the two I have already asked above!! 

When I click on a node in my topology, I am currently unable to delete it, because the 'Delete Node' button is grayed-out (see screenshot below). Does anyone know what I need to do so that I can delete nodes in my topology? 

CML delete node screenshot.PNG

if device is power off, you should be able to delete it; no big problem if u cannot, just power off device and move it aside.

try it, let us know

Martin L
VIP
VIP

You can add more Ethernet interfaces to device when it is shutdown (not power on); I think limit is 16 Ethernet interfaces.

NO serial interfaces (at least I did not see one); Serial WAN technologies are going away, if not already gone, from real life and Cisco exams.

try username and password: ubuntu/cisco

you can find passwords and more in

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/modeling-labs/#!faq/reference-platform-and-images-questions

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: