Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need to know how to update my expired VPN Certificate

I need to know how to update my expired VPN Certificate. I have the new one to add but cannot figure out how to add/import the new one. The "CA Certificate" trust certificate is not expired that, but the VPN certificate that is Associated with it is expired. I Just need to update the VPN certificate only.

Everyone's tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
VIP Advisor

Re: I need to know how to update my expired VPN Certificate

here is the steps for renewal, are you renewed with same provider ? if yes just update.

if the provider change you need to have root certificate also.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/public-key-infrastructure-pki/200339-Configure-ASA-SSL-Digital-Certificate-I.html

BB
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

What do you mean by just update??  I renewed the vpn certificate in our domain name vendor now i to have to do it in the Cisco firewall with the ASDM gui. I am new to this process and do not know if the link you sent me is accurate with what i need.

VIP Advisor

i mean to say, just update means - renew the certificate, if the cert from same vendor or provider.

look at the  link which i have provided go to section renewal cerficate and follow the same, you will be good.

BB

How do you resolve this error or what i am missing since i have imported the certificate from the Vendor.  Now i just need to the expired Identity Certificate with the new one.  When i added the CA Certificate it showed up in the Identity Certificate as pending which is what it should be.  But there is not any information in the Issued By but the Issued To filed is correct.  i am sorta at a lost.  See attachment.

Highlighted
VIP Advisor

Look at this ariticle for help :

https://knowledge.digicert.com/solution/SO10719.html

BB
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards
This widget could not be displayed.