cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need to know how to update my expired VPN Certificate

KeithWright9199
Level 1
Level 1

I need to know how to update my expired VPN Certificate. I have the new one to add but cannot figure out how to add/import the new one. The "CA Certificate" trust certificate is not expired that, but the VPN certificate that is Associated with it is expired. I Just need to update the VPN certificate only.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

here is the steps for renewal, are you renewed with same provider ? if yes just update.

if the provider change you need to have root certificate also.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/public-key-infrastructure-pki/200339-Configure-ASA-SSL-Digital-Certificate-I.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

What do you mean by just update??  I renewed the vpn certificate in our domain name vendor now i to have to do it in the Cisco firewall with the ASDM gui. I am new to this process and do not know if the link you sent me is accurate with what i need.

i mean to say, just update means - renew the certificate, if the cert from same vendor or provider.

look at the  link which i have provided go to section renewal cerficate and follow the same, you will be good.

BB

How do you resolve this error or what i am missing since i have imported the certificate from the Vendor.  Now i just need to the expired Identity Certificate with the new one.  When i added the CA Certificate it showed up in the Identity Certificate as pending which is what it should be.  But there is not any information in the Issued By but the Issued To filed is correct.  i am sorta at a lost.  See attachment.

Look at this ariticle for help :

https://knowledge.digicert.com/solution/SO10719.html

BB

For some reason i am still having trouble installing the new VPN certificate.  I can install/add CA Certificate which the next step is for the it to be pending in the Identity Certificate section.  But nothing is there pending for me to just click on "install" which would be the next step.  I change the "TrustPoint" name to a name similar to the certificate which is from the company Sectigo.  Issues like this have never taken me long to figure it out but i have been working on this for three weeks now to just install a new vpn certificate.  Do you have any other suggestions.  

I have followed the directions on the link you sent for manually installing a 3rd party certificate and that is still unsuccessful..I admit that i am new to Cisco ASDM and updating certificates but I have over 12 years of server/network experience.

Just very frustrated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: