Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS 16.6.7 What is it's "real" EoS ??

Lina Sami
Level 1
Level 1

The Announcement say that the IOS 16.6.x EoS is: August 1, 2019

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/eos-eol-notice-c51-741918.html

But i still can see it in the CCW tool and it still apear as suggested in the Software Download.

Could you please explain to me how does it actually work?

Thank you and greetings,

Lina

3 Replies 3

cmarva
Level 4
Level 4

in the notice, that date is the end of sale and end of ship date. That means that no new device will be shipped with that version, and you cannot order a new device with that version. 

The end of support date is the one I pay most attention to. You might hear LDoS as another term for this (last date of support). 

The end of software development date is important when advisories and notices come out, because if it's after this date there won't be a fixed version on that train.

hope this helps

Hallo,

thank you for the answer.

I still did not got it.

The EoS was on August 1, 2019

but i can still buy a ASR1001-HX with the 16.6.7??!

How could you explain this please?

Greetings,

Lina

no, you cannot. If you ordered one today it would ship with something newer and you would have to downgrade, with a couple of ifs:

1 - if that is the version you really want to run

2 - IF the new hardware is not already on one of the smart license only versions, because my understanding is once the conversion procedure is run, there's no going back. It is a one time thing. At least, if I understand the document.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: