cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

License Expiration Questions

eleyzam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to the whole community and thank you very much in advance.

I would like to ask about Smart account licensing

First. When licensing a device in the cisco portal as a switch or router and if the license expires, what would be the limitations of deactivating it. namely. If I have an annual license, what would be the consequences for the team if the smart license ends?

Once this license expires, does it disable functionality on the previously licensed device or software? And would there be any breach on the part of a company (of a legal nature) for continuing to use the equipment without a license? 

I ask because I have expired licenses in my smart account that I am about to renew (it is in process), and I am analyzing the details of Cisco licensing. Some examples

UC Manager Enhanced License

-

-

Prepaid

UC Manager Enhanced License (12.x)

-

-

Prepaid

C9300 24P DNA Advantage

-

-

Prepaid

C9300 24P Network Advantage

-

-

Prepaid

C9300 48P DNA Advantage

-

-

Prepaid

C9300 48P Network Advantage

-

-

Prepaid

I am addressing the inconveniences about this pressing issue and analyzing how to solve it in the shortest possible time.

I appreciate your answers to be able to take the pertinent actions to the case and to be able to be in compliance.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Q.  Several customers believe that when their subscription expires, a Catalyst 9000 switch will not work. Can you confirm if Layer 2/Layer 3 services will work if the license has expired?
A.   Yes, the switch will continue to function; however, the customers will not be entitled to receive updates/upgrades for the functionality in the Cisco DNA stack. Customers must renew their subscription to continue to get access to the Cisco DNA innovation. Layer 2/Layer 3 services will continue working, and customers are entitled to receive updates/upgrades for this functionality, as they are tied with the perpetual network OS: Network Advantage or Network Essentials.

Check FAQ :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/software/one-wireless-subscription/nb-06-dna-acces-wl-sw-faq-ctp-en.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Q.  Several customers believe that when their subscription expires, a Catalyst 9000 switch will not work. Can you confirm if Layer 2/Layer 3 services will work if the license has expired?
A.   Yes, the switch will continue to function; however, the customers will not be entitled to receive updates/upgrades for the functionality in the Cisco DNA stack. Customers must renew their subscription to continue to get access to the Cisco DNA innovation. Layer 2/Layer 3 services will continue working, and customers are entitled to receive updates/upgrades for this functionality, as they are tied with the perpetual network OS: Network Advantage or Network Essentials.

Check FAQ :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/software/one-wireless-subscription/nb-06-dna-acces-wl-sw-faq-ctp-en.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

eleyzam
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your time and your response, this helps me a lot and the immediate renewal of licenses will be sought