cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer Freezes Constantly

jthnchen
Level 1
Level 1

My Packet Tracer kept freezing during work, testing, even doing labs. I've downloaded on other devices and so far they haven't had the issue. I would leave them open and work on other things, and when I go back to continue my work, it would just freeze. Normally happens when I have a configuring window open and it would just freeze there. The task manager says it's working fine, when I tried to end it, it would just give the the "not responding".

I've tried re-installing the application over and over and it still happens. Only on the laptop I main work, the rest are only for experiments.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem??

1 Reply 1

Martin L
VIP
VIP

What PT version and What is your OS? How many PT devices do you have open when it freezes?  Does it do it in Real-time mode?  My PT will freeze in Sim mode when I have more then 10 devices running. Solution is not to use Sim mode or reduce number of devices.

Have you tried PT 32 bit version Or 64-bit one?  Un-install All PT versions completely, reboot PC,  and install fresh PT version. 

Note: PT for MAC OS have some issues. mostly taking keyboard inputs and GUI graphical windows issues.

Window-based PT is the best and most stable version. I would use it until they fix one for MAC OS (and possibly Linux based one).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: