Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Daniel Mercado
Beginner

How let an author of a Cisco book or video know that they made a mistake?

I would like to know if anyone knows how to politely approach the author of a Cisco backed publication about an erroneous understanding of a topic. 

I will give two examples; not to try to disrespect the authors, but to help anyone that may be getting ready for the CCNP ROUTE exam. (I definitely do not know more than the great authors.)

1)  Rohit Pardasani made a mistake when he explained what the command "ip nhrp map multicast {<nbma> | dynamic}" is for in CCNP Routing and Switching ROUTE 300-101 Exam Prep video. All other documentation I found and real "lab" experience goes against his understanding or explanation of the command. It is still a rough cut, so it may be edited in time. It is an excellent resource otherwise.

2)  Kevin Wallace also made a mistake in CCNP Routing and Switching ROUTE 300-101 Complete Video Course made a mistake when explaining how to calculate the bandwidth*delay product. Everything I found explains that the delay IS the round trip time (RTT), including RFC 1072.

If I am wrong, please correct me. I also do this because I am sick and tired of wrong or ambiguous questions in the various Cisco exams.

Thank You,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Philip D'Ath
Advisor

Contact the publishers.  If it is by Cisco Press you can reach them here:

http://www.ciscopress.com/about/contact_us/

I've reported an error before, and after about three months the editor and the author of the book contacted me about it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Philip D'Ath
Advisor

Contact the publishers.  If it is by Cisco Press you can reach them here:

http://www.ciscopress.com/about/contact_us/

I've reported an error before, and after about three months the editor and the author of the book contacted me about it.

View solution in original post

Thank you Philip. I can't believe I didn't try that first. I will give it a try. Hopefully Pearson, the publisher in this case will be as responsive as Cisco Press. This brings me back memories of corrections I sent on couple occasions to a test prep vendor. They sent me the exact same message on both occasions stating that they were unaware of any errors in their products. Let's see what Pearson does.