cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8851 Proximity Icon Won't Go Away

piperlester
Level 1
Level 1

We have a user that configured Proximity and has since left the organization.  The new assignee of the phone is complaining about seeing the icon.  After a factory reset, this icon remains.  Is there a way to remove it?

The icon looks like a little cell phone, NOT the bluetooth icon.  

Any help is appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dscott2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, on CUCM for this specific phone, can you locate the following parameter Allow Bluetooth Mobile Handsfree Modeset it to disable, and make sure the override checkbox is selected. Then select "Save, OK, Apply Config, OK." This disables the feature on the phone.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi - this forum primarily focuses on "Intelligent Proximity for Content Sharing", eg the one used with collaboration room systems. But, I've reached out to the phone team and asked if they could have a look.

My hunch would be there is a UCM-setting controlling this somewhere. You can also try to disable bluetooth alltogether; "Intelligent Proximity for Mobile Voice" (for the phones) is a BT-only feature.

And sorry for the confusing brand names here; this page tries to clarify:
http://cisco.com/go/proximity

Best regards,
Henrik

dscott2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, on CUCM for this specific phone, can you locate the following parameter Allow Bluetooth Mobile Handsfree Modeset it to disable, and make sure the override checkbox is selected. Then select "Save, OK, Apply Config, OK." This disables the feature on the phone.

Thanks - disabling it works.  Seems odd that a factory reset wouldn't also reset all known phone associations. Any chance there's a way to do that without disabling the feature?

Looks like this might require a key-sequence factory reset. I did a brief test and my initial test validates what you see when performing a factory reset using the GUI. However, if you do a key-sequence factory reset it turns off the slider for "Bluetooth" and "Hands-free 2-way audio" on the phone. To perform a key-sequence factory reset:

1. Remove power from the phone in one of these ways: Unplug the power adapter. 
    • Unplug the power adapter.
    • Unplug the LAN cable.
  2. Wait 5 seconds.
  3. Press and hold # and plug the phone back in.
  4. When the Headset and Speaker buttons are lit, release # and enter the following key sequence: 123456789*0#
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: