cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Proximity 3.0 released

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's my pleasure to announce that Cisco Proximity 3.0 is now released.

This new version features lots of exciting new features, including full call controls, contact search and dialing. It also includes both minor and major bug fixes. For a full update on the new features and bug fixes, check out the changelog.

As always, these support forums are a great way for you to offer your feedback. Feel free to post here if you have any feedback related to the updates we've made.

26 Replies 26

qsweed
Level 1
Level 1

New version definitely resolves the compatibility issue with the Dell 5285, etc.  Question though, under Settings, there are several different channel options - Stable, Bleeding Edge, etc.  What are they?

If you are seeing these options, the most likely explanation is that you or your company were part of our early field trial of Proximity 3.0. Those in the trial had some extra settings exposed to them, but were instructed to reset the settings after release. I'll try to attach a registry file that will reset the client completely. This will remove these settings. Note that this will also clear your recent contacts and other settings.

The file was sent with instructions to run them after uninstalling the trial version, and to install the release version afterwards. It *should* be safe to just exit Proximity, run the registry file, and then start Proximity again.

PS: Because the forums wouldn't accept my upload of a registry file, I added it to a zip file first.

deamsden
Level 1
Level 1

7480.pngThe new version resolved the microphone issue on our Dell 5285's, but broke the application's GUI on our Dell 7480's. The application functions and can be controlled through the right-click menu. However, when the GUI is launched - it displays a blank window. 

Please send us the support ID for at least one affected client. It can be found under in the about dialog.

Support ID: 4be352c06228bc3159d2f1fc7c269ad4

Thanks, but sorry. It appears we have no data reported for that support ID. It may be that the our reporting service is blacklisted on your end. Could you try to get a hold of a client log to send to me? They're placed in the temp folder for the user running the program, and have names starting with "proximity".

Note that these log files contain info that might be considered private, such as IP addresses or username. If you don't want to give us this information, you'll need to sanitize the file yourself.

Can you provide the Windows 7 file path for the logs you're referring to? My searches have yielded no results. 

If you open a "run" dialog or go to the address field of an explorer window, you can enter "%TEMP%" and it will take you to the correct folder.

Hello,

Thanks for your response. My support ID is c15b2e52774e5b808ca2a106cdb7b0db.

Attached is a proximity log.

dbakhter1
Level 1
Level 1

We have identified compatibility issues with new proximity 3.0 running on Lenovo X1, Yoga, P51 and Chromebox machines. Downgrading Proximity to 2.0.8 is fixing the issue.

Could you please detail which types of issues you are facing?

Proximity doesn't work on certain Lenovo machines after upgrade to 3.0 was pushed.  

Do you have any further details beyond “doesn't work”? Does the app not start, is it having problems detecting systems using ultrasound, etc.

Certain Lenovo PC's (Yoga, X1, P51) are having problems detecting systems. All of the above work well with 2.0.8 version.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: