Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Proximity Issues on iOS - Microphone Privacy Settings Unavailable

JeremyCBrown
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Everyone,

Having some issues for brand new iOS devices and the Proximity app.  From a freshly wiped device, here's what I do:

1. Download Proximity from our MDM app store.
  2. Launch Proximity.
  3. Get an EULA prompt.
    1. Microphone access is already denied in the background.
    2. Accept the EULA.
  4. No further action can be taken.
  5. Exit the app and go to Settings, Privacy, Microphone.
    1. No listing for Proximity.
  6. Uninstall Proximity and force the phone to check-in with MDM app.
  7. Wait a few minutes.
  8. Install Proximity from the Apple App Store.
  9. Launch Proximity.
  10. Get the EULA prompt.
  11. Before I can touch the EULA prompt get the Microsoft Access prompt.

Our MDM app settings don't enforce anything with the microphone.  I haven't been able to get TAC to look at it and don't know where else to turn.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

9 Replies 9

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You are in the wrong place on your settings path.

On you iOS device:

Settings -> Scroll all the way down and find the Proximity app listed -> Select it -> Allow the Proximity app to access the microphone.

That should do it.

/Magnus

Magnus,

Thank you for the reply.  Unfortunately, as you can see in my below screenshot, there is no toggle for the microphone.

image.png

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jeremy

I'm having the exact same issues with the app not working from our MDM but if we install it from the apple store it does work.  This looks to be introduced some time after 12.0 IOS upgrade.  TAC has not been helpfully in trying to look into this issue for us.

Any help in trying to resolve it will be great.

I am also having the exact same issue with our organization, works fine when downloaded from app store, but when deployed from MDM/VPP, microphone access is blocked.

iOS 12.1.2

I reached out to our MDM and they believe it to be something on the app side - it hasn't been updated in over a year

Hi - sorry this is still an issue. Seems related to MDM (exact same app version on my phone w/iOS 12.1.3 shows permissions for Mic, Siri & Cellular data). We have a ticket open in internal bug tracker, to look into if this is something we control or not.

Best regards,
Henrik

Scott Angus
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeing the same issue with iOS version 12.1.2 and we are using Airwatch as the MDM. Has anyone discovered a fix other then install the app directly from the apple store? I will try upgrading to 12.1.3 and reinstall to see if that has any effect.

Upgrading to 12.1.3 didn't make a difference. 

JeremyCBrown
Level 1
Level 1

So we ended up contacting our MDM vendor and Apple.  They were able to successfully reproduce the issue and Cisco has now recognized this as a bug: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvo05602/?rfs=iqvred

So now the question remains - how do we get this fixed by Cisco?  TAC won't touch this via the Webex nor the Telepresence team and both point to this forum as the end all, be all place for answers.

If you want to put pressure on for it to be fixed, you should contact your Cisco Account Manager and get them to raise the issue with the Proximity Team.  There are people within Cisco that your AM should have access to who's job it is to keep bugging the DE teams about issues affecting customers.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: