Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Proximity issues using client 3.0.1 with a Lenovo X1 Tablet

jcavallino
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

We have been troubleshooting an issue with Cisco Proximity 3.0.1 for some time now. We are currently testing a new 2-1 laptop called the X1 Tablet by Lenovo. It seems when launching the Cisco Proximity app on Windows 10 it just states finding systems and nothing happens. I have even rolled back to 2.0.3 and 2.0.7 none work. The endpoints that we have in our infrastructure is a mix of SX20, MX300's. We have tried all steps found in this forum nothing works. I have an open ticket with Cisco and Lenovo. Can someone please help!

12 Replies 12

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you tell me what steps you have tried? 

1. Isolated that the issue is on the tablet?

For example, you have connected to the room device with a phone or a different type of laptop correct? So we know that the device is emitting ultrasound.

2. Stuck in finding systems indicates that the client is not picking up the ultrasound. So lets put our focus on the mic settings. What steps have you done on the tablet relating to this? 

We need a bit more info in order to proceed.

/Magnus

Hello Magnus,

I have tried the other posting with changing the output for the mic from 2 channel to 1 channel. But on the Lenovo tablet its greyed out and I am an administrator on the device. We have tried 5 different devices, Lenovo T470s, MacBook Pro, iPhone 7, Oneplus 5 android phone, Apple Ipad pro. I have disabled any mic enhancements. The X1 tablet has the latest drivers all up to date including the latest bios. I have also tried in both tablet mode and non tablet mode. I have removed the sound driver and reinstalled etc.

When you say you have tried all those devices, are you saying none of them are working or everything is working except the X1? 

/Magnus

I said that all the other devices are working but the X1 Lenovo.

Sounds like you've given this a thorough test. Sadly, there *are* devices out there that can't pick up ultrasound at all. They're few and far between, and for all previous Lenovo X1 laptops tested here we've resolved issues by disabling audio enhancements.

What's the exact model of the laptop, and (if you know) the make and model of the audio card?

Hello Cisco,

This is the model X1 Tablet we have it is a 3rd generation. ThinkPad X1 Tablet 3rd Gen (Type 20KJ 20KK)

Sound Card:  Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Windows 10 (Version 1709 or later) - ThinkPad X1 Tablet Gen 3 (Type 20KJ, 20KK)

I've had a look at our metrics, and I think I've found instances of these models pairing to an endpoint. Nothing conclusive, but it at least might be possible. Note that it's possible these instances might have been e.g. users with an external microphone connected and there's no guarantee we can reliably get these models to work with ultrasound pairing.

If you could send screenshots of the settings for one of the devices, we can have a look and make sure there aren't any further switches we can flip. Try attaching as screenshots along the lines of those found at https://proximity.cisco.com/help/?platform=win&code=AUDCLNT_E_UNSUPPORTED_FORMAT if you want us to have a look.

Hello Cisco Support,

I have tested the X1 Tablet 3rd Gen, with an apple in line mic headset, the Cisco End point SRX20 detected the device. Seems like the cisco software for proximity in version 3.0.1 something changed. It's the way your software interacts with the hardware. Is there a way we can get a version that worked at one point so we can do other testing with the hardware? Is there a version 3.0.0? If so i am going to need it to further test. I also received a response back from Lenovo hardware team they provided an updated driver file for Windows 10 and that didn't help. Can you provide me 3.0.0?

Thank you,

John

Here's version 2.0.8 and 3.0.0

Were the older versions able to resolve the issue with Proximity and X1 3rd gen tablet?   I am experiencing the same issues with our X1s.   The link for the older versions is not valid.  I wanted to check if it worked before I spent time trying to located the versions.

Thanks,

Hello,

So Lenovo released a new audio driver version 8619 for Windows 10, and system update has a ton of updates for the X1 3rd Gen tablet. Keep in mind that the SCCM driver package for the X1 tablet is only released Quarterly as per Lenovo's support staff that we received in a ticket from them. After our testing at our company, we noticed if any of the SRX20 units are updated to the latest firmware on the cisco side we have issues with proximity. Waiting on our internal team that handles the end points to come up with solution. Make sure you are using the latest audio driver with the latest version of proximity I believe is version 3.0.1.

Apologies for the late reply, re-uploaded file to the same post.