cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Proximity mic requirements

john.sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

I have three Lenovo X1's and when proximity starts we get an error message, your microphone is not working on all of them. When reviewing recording devices - recording tab - microphone array properties - advanced tab i am not able to adjust the default format. Current setting show 4 channel - 16bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality). if i plug in a headset (iPhone earbuds) proximity works fine - advanced tab shows 2 channel - 16bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality). 

What are the minimum requirement/suggested settings for internal microphone

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

john.sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

I am happy to announce that the latest release (3.0) has resolved my issue! My executive team is very happy on the resolution but not the wait time. Thank you!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

john.sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

i found this link https://proximity.cisco.com/help/?platform=win;code=AUDCLNT_E_UNSUPPORTED_FORMAT but i am not able to adjust the microphone array settings

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'll look into this. The problem appears to be that there are four audio channels available, and we only support mono / stereo. If you have an option of 1 or 2 channels on the audio settings page, that would work. Will keep you advised if we make any further changes to fix this.

OMG!! Thank you for your response! I figured that was the issue but unfortunately I am not able to adjust the setting on the device (Lenovo X1 tablet). Option is greyed out in the settings

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
We have a fix in the pipeline for these audio cards. I don't believe we will be able to make a release just for this, but the next release will include the fix.

Hello,

Has a patch/update been released? We have upgraded all of our conference rooms to utilize proximity and this is still an issue

I have the similar issue with Macbook Pro and i am using Cisco WebEx Meetings - Version 33.5.1.7

Can you confirm when the fix is targeted for? I am happy to demonstrate or share details if needed, let me know. 

john.sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

I am happy to announce that the latest release (3.0) has resolved my issue! My executive team is very happy on the resolution but not the wait time. Thank you!