cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Proximity: Unable to find devices (Win 10) > Firewall Rules?

LuLe
Level 1
Level 1

Dear colleagues,

we are testing Cisco Proximity in our infrastructure (Windows 7 & Windows 10). We saw during installation the software installed an Inbound and Outbound Rule "Proximity sharing over TCP (TCP sharing-In/Out)". This rule we now implemented in our Firewall Rule set. Under Windows 7 I can use the software directly with for example an SX20 codec (CE 9.4.0). But with a Windows 10 notebook it does not work. It is not finding the codec - it has the same FW rules configured then for the Windows 7 notebook. If I switch off the firewall - the Proximity software is directly working and finding the codec. 
As I couldn´t find any documentation regarding Firewall: which rules are needed to get Proximity running under Windows 10?

Thank´s a lot.

Best regards,
Luise

4 Replies 4

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Proximity just needs to be able to make TCP connections on the local network.

See https://projectworkplace.cisco.com/assets/pdf/proximity-networking.pdf for details.

Dear mneergaa,

we know that document and we enabled the rule which will be installed during Proximity software installation. Here you can find the inbound/outbound rule - it allows all ports for the proximity.exe:

Capture.JPG

The program installed that rule during installation of Proximity software only for TCP but we then rolled out a Firewall rule (as all non company rules will not be accepted) for all ports for this .exe - but it is not working. It is only working if I disable the firewall completely. The rule which will be installed seems to be not enough. But as I can´t allow per defaul all TCP in/out - I need an exact rule how to get Proximity running.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Luise

Dear all,

does anyone have an idea how to get Proximity running with which firewall rules? Thank you.

Best regards,
Luise

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The exact requirement is TCP port 443 outbound towards the network to which the telepresence system is connected.