cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does Proximity works in an Integrated System Environment?

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Folks,

I have this silly question, and want to know how proximity behaves in an integrated environment?

I know the endpoints sends token and device identifies etc etc. But we have got 3 WebEx kit plus registered to WebEx cloud and integrated via Crestron. On all of this i am having issues with Proximity. Some times it drops in between, sometimes you just seat in the room for hours and it doesn't detects and sometime it works very good.

So my question is in case of integrated system who is responsible for sending this tokens? I have got sealing speakers in the room connected to codec via DSP. I have also noticed that even though i can connect to proximity there is an error keep on appearing saying "unable to verify ultrasound signal"

I might be wrong but i think those speakers might create interference with those ultrasound pairing?

Regards,

Alok

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to make sure that the speakers you are using are capable of making the ultrasound signal - they need to be rated to be able to reliably produce sound in the 20-22kHz range.

You may also find it useful to use a spectrum analyser in the room to see if you are "hearing" any interference in that range as well that may be drowning out the token.

Note that the device you are using must also be able to connect to the endpoint via HTTPS using IPv4 (proximity doesn't yet support IPv6).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Note that this forum if for support on the Cisco Proximity app, not the Proximity feature of Webex Teams. That being said, if there is e.g. a band pass filter enabled in your DSP, you're not going to see any ultrasound come out of those speakers.