cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use the Cisco Proximity to connect to SX10?

LE SON
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I just recently learn about the Cisco Intelligent Proximity and would like to try it out on my Cisco SX10, its firmware version is ce9.15.3. But after trying to follow the general guidances (I was testing on my Laptop through the Cisco Proximity app), I still have no clue how to do this. Can someone teach me detail on this ? Thank you

4 Replies 4

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SX10 needs to have Proximity enabled if it's an on premise endpoint. You could e.g. search for "Proximity" in the web admin interface under "Configuration".

Then, after installing and running Cisco Proximity, you should be connected fairly quickly.

The laptop and your SX10 need to be able to reach each other over the network.

If you are stuck at any point, feel free to ask. Preferably with specific error messages and/or screenshots.

Thanks for the help but I still can't access the Proximity even though I
have turned on all the settings in the SX10 Proximity setting tab.[image:
image.png]

Thanks for the help but I still can't access the Proximity through my laptop even though I have turned on all the settings in the SX10 Proximity setting tab. The Cisco Proximity app on my laptop just keeps on searching device while both my SX10 and laptop has joint a Webex meeting

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I assume you're following all the steps in the Admin Guide.  As mentioned in the guide, the ability to do proximity easily will depend on which "SX10" you have - whether it's one of the original "SX10" devices (which don't produce the ultrasound through their inbuilt speaker), or the newer "SX10N" which can.  If it's one of the earlier models, you will need to check your speaker system that is attached to the codec to confirm it is able to produce the ultrasound signals, and at an appropriate SPL.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.