cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HP Elitebook G3 unable to connect to Cisco Room Kits through Proximity

jrafael77
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently testing new machines in our environment and found out that we are not able to connect through Proximity with our two HP Elitebook laptops, one is HP Elitebook x360 G3 and the other is HP Elitebook Elite X2 1013 G3.

Ive tried multiple various drivers for audio, turned off the firewall and fully updated the machines OS but still has not worked for both machines.

6 Replies 6

tono82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had the same problem with a HP EliteBook x360 G3 but I found the root cause. This material has a 4-channel sound card.

You must update the Cisco Proximity client to the last version 3.x to support this feature.

Regards

Thanks, we able to pair this laptop with DX80 by installaing Cisco Proximity 3.0. However this still don't pair using latest version of Cisco Meeting application. It seem they are yet to include latest proximity version in Cisco Meeting.

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you are running version 3.0.1 and these problems persist, please provide us with additional details ("not able to connect" is rather vague)

I have the same issue with an HP x360 1030 G3.

Running proximity 3.0.2, just says "Finding video systems..." and never finds them.  Works fine on all our other models of laptop.

Have tried various settings in the sound control panel with no luck.

Webex Teams also cannot connect, saying "No devices found", under it's troubleshooting it says "Audio filtering is on" and to "open your sound preferences on your computer, and turn off audio ehancements", however that is already switched off.

Any ideas?

Sorry, but we have seen evidence that there exits microphones that are physically incapable of capturing the pairing signal. These are few and far between, and it's still possible your issue could be corrected by a future update to drivers, firmware, telepresence codec software, or Cisco Proximity.

Sailesh_M
Level 1
Level 1

We also have same problem with HP EliteBook x360 1030 G3. Laptop proximity sensor is not working with Cisco DX80.