From testing the Cisco Proximity app, the customer has the following questions:
Solved! Go to Solution.
1) Yes, we have been looking at restricting capabilities. We have not yet committed to do so, but it's high on our list of potential improvements in the app.
2) The app recieves the resolution visible on the endpoint. If there is packet loss in the link between WebEx and TelePresence, you might get blur/H.264 artifacts. This will be even more visible when zooming in on the image. Please check if it is possible to reduce packet loss on the link. We are working on improving media resilience for presentation sharing across the solution, though.
3) The more devices you connect, the slower the response will be per connected device. We have set limitations that we think makes a decent compromise between latency and number of supported users. This number *could* be increased, but it would impact the user experience due to higher latency. We currently plan to stick to 30 and 8 devices. We also aim to support presentation sharing from SX10 by TC 7.3.
4) Sort-of ;) It is tricky to identify the meeting organizer without adding a lot of overhead with scheduling, passwords etc. The overall design goal for Proximity is to make it simple and transparent. However, some meetings might not want the feature, so the idea is to allow anyone in the room to disable proximity pairing on a per-meeting basis. This would be a feature on the Touch 10 control panel.
5) C-series does not (and will not get) support for Proximity. (It is testable, and available as an experimental feature. However - due to the media architecture in the C-series platform, we can not fully support the solution here).
Product Manager, Proximity
From testing the Cisco Proximity app, I have the following questions:
Hello Henrik - I've heard that the production release of Intelligent Proximity will be out soon and will be an entirely new code train. If we are to upgrade to this new release for Intelligent Proximity support, are you able to highlight some of the new features that will be included in this new release of code?
For example, does the administrator now have the ability to only enable content sharing and not remote control of the system?
Also, does this version of code intend on supporting content sharing on the SX-10's?