cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

issues with Cisco Proximity unable to find devices

ojvelasquezc
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading some laptops to 3.1 (last version of Cisco Proximity), these are no longer able to find devices in our environment. Mobile devices seem to find the devices, but without success.
We have model laptops Dell Latitude E7250 with Windows 10 64 bits.
I saw a loop of conversation in this forum, but I think that this isn't a solution.
#############################################
I think I have a fix.
My microphone was active, but Proximity was not accessing it for some reason.
It started working again when I did this:
In Jabber, I enabled "Use my computer for calls", then Jabber asked, can Jabber access your microphone?
YES
I also rebooted my MAC
After that, then Proximity started working again.
I didn't see a setting/option in Proximity to access microphone, so go through some other app like Jabber/phone
#############################################
Have you experienced anything similar?

Than you for your help you.

Oscar

3 Replies 3

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The fix mentioned is completely unrelated, as it's discussing the new microphone access controls on MacOS. For your problem, I'd check the microphone settings - try setting the microphone to record to 44.1khz, and disable any and all audio enhancement in the driver. These settings are found in the advanced sound control panel thing, as pictured in the screenshots at this page:

https://proximity.cisco.com/help/?platform=win&code=AUDCLNT_E_UNSUPPORTED_FORMAT

Note, linking to article just to reference pictures.

ojvelasquezc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I checked the configuration of the device and I still can't connect. Also, update the driver of my laptop Dell Latitude 7280. Other workstations (same laptop model) have this same configuration and can connect to Cisco Proximity without any problem.

Configuración de rousse.PNG

Configuración de rousse1.PNG

Configuración de rousse2.PNG

I can't see any immediate problems with the setup from those screenshots. If you could check your "Niveles" tab as well, and check that volume isn't zero, and microphone boost preferably turned off, we might need to take a look at a log from your application. Let's start with checking the volume settings, and if those are okay I can help you find the logs.

Edit: Feliz navidad =)