Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with Dell Latitude 5285 Proximity Application - Microphone not Working

We've got a fleet of Dell Latitude 5285 laptops, all of which are having an issue whereby the Cisco proximity application says "Your microphone is not working" even though you can see the audio levels go up and down on the microphone in the "recording devices" window.

My understanding is that if this was an issue with frequency range, the app would work but we just couldn't pair with anything, whereas in this instance the "microphone not working" error comes up immediately, it doesn't even try and pair.

Tried different drivers, BIOS update, Cisco Proximity 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 and installing Proximity straight from a fresh Win10 installation but no change.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
We have a fix in the pipeline for these audio cards. I don't believe we will be able to make a release just for this, but the next release will include the fix.

View solution in original post

34 Replies 34

Looking at other posts here - it looks like maybe this is because the Dell laptops only give 4-channel options for sample rate, whereas Cisco Proximity only supports mono and stereo?

Does anyone know a way to introduce mono or stereo sampling formats to a microphone in Windows where it's not in the defaults?

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
We have a fix in the pipeline for these audio cards. I don't believe we will be able to make a release just for this, but the next release will include the fix.

Great to hear, thanks

Hi,

So is there any chance of getting access to a alpha or beta release for testing ?

Regards

Gerard

Sorry for the belated reply. I'm sorry to say the release won't be for at least a couple of months, unless priorities change. If more people and large deployments are experiencing this, please report here.

Hi, we got 5000 computers, is there a beta software of proximity where this issue is fixed?

We have the same issue with our 7285 2in1 (K17M001) as well as the new 5290 2in1 (T17G002) machines. A new release would be highly appreciated since those models don't have a miniDP port again and proximity would be very useful for those computers.

Hi Cisco,

Any update on this fix ?

regards

Gerard

When will the next release be posted to resolve this issue with Dell laptops and Proximity?

We are now waiting since half a year for a release that includes this fix. Very disappointing specially since Cisco has a fix for it but just does not release it.

When will the fix be in place to fix the 5290 Proximity issues (Microphone not working). We are giving all VIP these laptops and we need to get Proximity working on these laptops so they can share content on a video unit.

Still no date fixed, but we are looking good for a release sometime in September.

Is there a bug CSC number associated with this issues. My upper management would like something official from Cisco stating the issue. Since only the VIP are getting the Dell we need to have something from Cisco stating what the issue is and when it will be fixed.

I tested out the 3.0 release today and Proximity is still not working.  I have the 5290 2 in 1s from Dell.  I'm no longer getting the microphone error, Proximity see's that there's one there, it just doesn't find the system.  I've tested 3.0 on regular laptops and confirmed 3.0 is working on those.  Unfortunately this doesn't seem to fox the multi channel microphone issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: