Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with Dell Latitude 5285 Proximity Application - Microphone not Working

We've got a fleet of Dell Latitude 5285 laptops, all of which are having an issue whereby the Cisco proximity application says "Your microphone is not working" even though you can see the audio levels go up and down on the microphone in the "recording devices" window.

My understanding is that if this was an issue with frequency range, the app would work but we just couldn't pair with anything, whereas in this instance the "microphone not working" error comes up immediately, it doesn't even try and pair.

Tried different drivers, BIOS update, Cisco Proximity 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 and installing Proximity straight from a fresh Win10 installation but no change.

Any ideas?

34 Replies 34

bmstock
Level 1
Level 1

Any date for the New software Version that fix this issue ?

reagards

Bjørn Magne Stock

No date has been fixed, but we're probably looking at somewhere in September.

We really really need a fix for this bug in Proximity for the Dell 2-1. Its mid September and I heard there was an software upgrade coming out. Can you please let me know when or if its out already let me know how to get the software. Our CIO has a Dell and is having issues with the Proximity Application not working when he wants to share his Dell.

5285 is now okay, but we have the same issue with the Latitude 5290.  :-/

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd like to hear which models of the 5285 that exhibit this problem. To ensure our fix is correct for these laptops (as it appears many buy it) I'd love to get the model number. It should five alphanumeric characters, e.g. K7TPH ; KNC27 ; WMRCX

Exsample: 72H8FH2, 2B9FFH2, 5NJNLH2

Those look like service tag numbers, I need model number. Dell uses 5-digit codes for that, which should also be written somewhere under the laptops. If in doubt, use SupportAssist from Dell

Hi

This is a image from the backside:

[cid:image001.png@01D3C5D2.BC034010]

Sorry, but it appears that your attachment got lost in transit. Could you try uploading it through the website?

Just to chime in, we've been getting the new Latitude 5290 2-in-1s and they have this exact problem.

Hi,

We are getting this issue as well, our Dell laptop model is XPS 13 9370, just tested this today.

https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/laptops-notebooks-and-2-in-1-laptops/xps-13-laptop/spd/xps-13-9370-laptop

Would it be possible to get a rough timeline on when this issue will be fixed, as someone else is pointed out, its all our senior management who are affected, and it does not really bode well for all the high end Cisco kit at their desks.

Cheers, 

Hi we have this issue too, for hundreds of  Dell 7285 laptops.

The Dell OEM Drivers are not working for proximity.  Our SOE team had been able to get proximity working with a non standard audio driver but now there are issues with this  and Windows 10 1803, so we need to go back to the offical Dell drivers, and  any update on the timeline for this fix would be very much appreciated.

cheers

We're hoping for a 3.0 release next week, which will contain the fix (and more)

Hello I hear Proximity 3.0 is out. Can you send me the link on where to download the new software please. I do a search on the Cisco site but it's not coming up.

Sorry nevermind that last post. I just found the software on another site.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: