cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lenovo T470 proximity intermittently working

Mitchell Smith
Level 1
Level 1

We have multiple pc's in our organization. I am running into an issue with the Lenovo T470 at one of my locations. The PC works fine. We put proximity on it to use with a webex room kit but it doesn't work all the time. I have had to uninstall proximity several times and then re-install it. Proximity will seem to work for a few days and then quit. I took a screen shot of his pc hardware and its not a bad pc. I also looked through some other cases and it said to disable all sound effects. That didn't work. I took a screen shot of his mic settings. I verified his pc is working with his mic and speakers because he can receive a teams call with me and i see his pc working as it should. His proximity app is at version 3.0.8 and the cisco webex kit is on 9.8.3. I am not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

1 Reply 1

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sadly, on some computers Proximity won't work well because of the microphone used. You could be unlucky with your model or specific PC. You could, however, check if you get better results by vhanging other advanced audio recording settings, especially the recording mode / enabling exclusive mode recording.

Also see if bringing the app into the foreground changes anything; the app "tries harder" when you open the app and keep it in the foreground.