cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Losing Intelligent Proximity connection from in room laptop

danjm2006
Level 1
Level 1

Recently just started using Intelligent Proximity (IP) with some SX20's and 80's.  We are having inconstant connections.  Some users are able to connect immediately, some take a while, while some can't connect, and some connect then are disconnected then can't reconnect.

Lenovo's seem to be ok, but Surface Pro 4's seem to have the most issues.

* I've increased the Ultrasound volume to 90

* We are running 2.0.2 IP software

I can't find any information on poor connect between Surface Pro's and IP.  While researching the issues, there seems to be so many variables that might cause connections problems. 

Is anyone else having this type of problems, or any ideas on how improve the connection?

2 Replies 2

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry, but we don't have any surfaces available for testing. Please verify the recording settings, notably exclusive mode settings, recording rate, and any enabled microphone effects.

Chris Keilberg
Level 1
Level 1

Old thread but thought I would share some information around the surface pro's and proximity. Recently we had the same issue when deploying a Cisco Room Kit, after I found the logs and parsed through the errors I was able to determine the following:

The laptop microphone cannot hear the ultrasound token indicated by the log:

- Info: SessionEnded SessionEndReason=UltrasoundLost

Then the laptop will stop presentation when the token is lost indicated by the log:

- Info: Pairing to endpoint lost, and presentation stopped. PresentationStopReason=PairingLost

After further review the surface pro has removed the ability to adjust the microphone boost levels unlike other laptops which could assist in increasing the distance of listening to the ultrasound.

My suggestion is to stay clear away from the Surface Pro for proximity.