cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Device (iPad/iPhone/Android) Content Sharing through Proximity

toddpanella
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a roadmap item on Proximity to allow content sharing of what is on a mobile device (mobile apps and mobile content) to a Cisco endpoint?

Incidentally, can you do that with a Spark Board?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For on-premise Proximity (the app "Cisco Proximity"), there are no plans for sharing from mobile.

For Spark (also utilizing ultrasonic pairing similar to the Proximity app, but with a completely different architecture), you can already share wirelessly to Room OS devices and Spark Boards from laptops. Sharing with a mobile device is in the works, but I can't talk to timelines here yet.

Br,
Henrik

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For on-premise Proximity (the app "Cisco Proximity"), there are no plans for sharing from mobile.

For Spark (also utilizing ultrasonic pairing similar to the Proximity app, but with a completely different architecture), you can already share wirelessly to Room OS devices and Spark Boards from laptops. Sharing with a mobile device is in the works, but I can't talk to timelines here yet.

Br,
Henrik

Hi,

The content sharing works only in iPad?

Best regards

Daniel Sobrinho

Is there any update on this subject. I would very much like to offer the service of being able to share wirelessly from a mobile device (both Android and iOS) to a Spark Kit or SX80. Seems like this should be doable