Helpful
Replies

on-prem registered endpoints with Webex Edge and Proximity

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

According to the following URL:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/n1v31g9/Cisco-Proximity-4-0-Cloud-Pairing

It should be possible to use the Proximity client to share content on video endpoints that are registered on a CUCM on-prem and known to Webex cloud via Webex Edge.

The client seems to detect the video endpoint when entering the room but sharing of content does not work with the message the device is using Webex Teams.

All VC endpoints are using CE9.15

7 Replies 7

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For Proximity to work, your client devices need to be able to access the endpoint via HTTP/HTTPS, so access needs to be enabled on the endpoint and the devices need to have IP network access to the endpoint otherwise they won't be able to connect.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

HTTPS access is okay. We keep getting this message:

proximity.png

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

I did some further checks. Apparently the port opened on the FW for Proximity is TCP 65533 and on the endpoint the parameter "Proximity AlternatePort Enabled" is set to True. Will the Proximity client automatically try both TCP 443 and 65533 to communicate with the endpoint?

Hi,

I do not think the proximity app support port 65533 as yet.  So you should try using port 443.

Thanks for your input. Who can confirm this? Cisco Tac?

There is ongoing work for this.  But I do not think is available in version 4 of the app.   Last I check this with R&D is June 21.   And the comment is : "it's the next item on our backlog. Work will resume after 4.0 is released."

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'll clarify here; You need to be able to reach the endpoint over the standard HTTPS port, 443, for now. For cloud aware endpoints (Webex Edge) you also need to use Cisco Proximity 4.0 or later if you've enable Cloud Proximity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: